With just a few ingredients this simple, elegant preparation comes together in just a few minutes. This side-dish is the perfect way to add some colorful crunch to just about any menu.
- baby bok choy
- sesame oil
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
- trim bok choy into individual leaves and rinse very well (bok choy tends to be quite sandy), then pat dry with a towel.
- heat a a few tablespoons of sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat (lower is better as the delicate leaves scorch easily).
- when the oil is shimmering add the bok choy and gently stir to coat with oil.
- cook until the leaves are wilted and the stalks soften a bit, about 5 minutes.
- clear the bok choy from the center of the skillet and add minced garlic. cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- season lightly with salt and stir gently to combine all ingredients.
- remove to a serving bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds.